Trending

Huawei Confirms Launch of New Foldable Phone | MWC 2020

Huawei Confirms Launch of New Foldable Phone

Huawei Mobile World Congress (MWC) is hosting a briefing in Barcelona on 23 February to show its new development in 2020. The Chinese company has revealed its product details through a teaser posted on Weibo. Unlike Huawei, companies such as Vivo, Intel, MediaTek, HMD Global, Nokia and Sony recently withdrew their presence on the coronovirus phobia from MWC 2020. The final focus of the coronovirus attack is known as. The new Coronavirus (COVID-19) has killed more than 1,000 people since its first appearance in Wuhan, China.

The teaser published by Huawei on its Weibo account shows its product briefing on February 23 and highlights the 1 + 8 + N marketing strategy the company introduced last year to expand its presence beyond the consumer market. Smartphones and connected devices may be considered. The teaser also suggests the launch of a foldable phone – in addition to new laptops, smartphones and wearables.

If we look at recent reports, Huawei is building the Mate Xs as its new foldable smartphone which will debut as the successor to the Mate X launched at MWC last year.

The new Mate X-Series models will have a better hinge design and better display panel. It will also have 65 W load support and comes with Haisilicon Kirin 990 5G SoC.

So far, the Huawei Mate X is limited to the Chinese market with a price tag of 16,999 CNY (about Rs 1,446). The phone had to enter global markets to compete with the Samsung Galaxy Fold. However, due to lack of hardware, Huawei was unable to extend its existence beyond the Chinese market.

Huawei has separately confirmed to Gadgets 360 that it intends to participate in the MWC 2020 and said that it would help GSMA “preventive measures” to prevent the spread of COMA-19.

“The health and safety of our employees and other attendees is our top priority for this event,” the company said in an email to Gadgets 360.

Given the increase in withdrawals due to the Novel Coronavirus epidemic, it is quite uncertain whether Huawei will follow its original plan and participate in MWC 2020. The main participants of Vivo, Nokia, Intel, MediaTek, HMD Global and NTT Coco recently decided to withdraw their pr
esence from the next fairs. In fact, the CMM organizer, GSMA, would have scheduled a meeting to ensure the situation.

You may also like