WhatsApp Dark Mode is finally here, a much-awaited feature that has been in the rumor mill for months. The app joins hundreds of other popular offerings that have already transitioned to providing a dark theme or mode to their users. WhatsApp’s native dark mode is referred to as dark only in the theme selection user interface and the entire messaging app gives the user interface a dark green profile with colors here and vice versa. WhatsApp home screen and settings menu are now in dark color. However, on the interaction surface, only the chat balloons are dark, while the background is white or refers to a different color that users have set as the background.
Important: Before we continue with the activation of the function, it should be noted that Dark Mode is currently only available for beta testers. There is no information about when the feature will be deployed via the static channel, but it should not take long.
The dark mode was already introduced in WhatsApp for beta testers via Google Play and has been given with the new update v2.20.13. If you are a beta tester and you still have not received the update, or if you cannot run if you want Dark Mode changed, you can download the WhatsApp Beta v2.20.13 APK from APK Mirror. And if you are not a beta tester and can’t wait to test the new Dark Mode of the app, register here to become a beta tester via Google Play and download the WhatsApp beta build.
According to WABetaInfo, users will have to remove the latest build of the app from the Google Play Store or the link above and reinstall it if WhatsApp Dark Mode is not displayed after installing the update. Of course, delete the app only after saving your chat history.
How do I activate dark mode in WhatsApp?
It is very easy to enable dark mode or theme in WhatsApp. Follow the steps below to activate the new look quickly. This not only protects eyes in environments with poor light conditions but also saves battery on OLED screens.
- Download the latest WhatsApp beta update and open the app.
- After opening the app, tap the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner of the screen and select Settings from the menu.
- While you’re on the Settings page, tap Chat, and then tap Theme.
- This will open a window where you can select the subject.
- In the window that appears, tap Dark. This activates the Dark Mode interface for the entire app.
- You can select the System Standard option to automatically switch between dark and light modes depending on system settings.