The Fortnite Games Direct Payment System was introduced after Epic Games – the game was pulled from the Apple App Store and then the Google Play Store, as well as due to policy violations. If you’re an avid Fortnite gamer, this should be a test of time – but don’t worry (for Android users) because there’s still a good chance to play the game.
Download the Fortnite using the Epic Games app
With this, you must first download the Fortnite installer for Android using the Epic Games app. You have to download the installer on your phone and install it. Once done, you can download and install Fortnite for Android. The Epic Games app was previously available on the Google Play Store. However, since this app has been pulled – you have to search the app on other mobile app markets or follow the next method.
- Using the web browser on your phone, go to the link Fortnite.com/Android.
- You will see a banner for the Epic Games app. Click on it.
- You will see a prompt saying that third-party files can harm your system. However, click “OK” to continue.
- You will find the downloaded EpicGame app.apple file. Now click on the “Open” link. You will be notified that the browser will not be able to install applications from this source.
- Go to your browser settings and then grant permission to allow the browser to install the application from this source. Once given the option, the browser will be allowed to install the app from that source.
- Finally, the Epic Games app will prompt you to install the app. Click on the “Install” option.
- The Epic Games app will prompt you to install the app.
- The Epic Games app will now install on your Android device.
- Click on the newly installed Epic Games app on your phone.
- You will see a large banner for Fortnite with Android games, another for Battle Breakers, and Epic Games. Click on Fortnite.
- You will see a prompt to install the game. Now press the “Install” button.
- When downloading and installing the app for Fortnite you should see the progress bar.
- The application will show two buttons; One is to uninstall and the other is to launch Fortnite. Press the play button.
Download and install Fortnite for Android using the Epic Games app from the Samsung Galaxy Store
For those using Samsung Galaxy devices, you can go to the Galaxy Store and install the Epic Games app on your device without visiting the website. Once installed, you can simply follow the above process and install Fornite for Android.
Download and install Fortnite on Apple
Due to the withdrawal of app support from the Apple App Store and the removal of the app – Apple devices running on iOS and iPadOS will no longer support the Fortnite Games app.