Pubg version 1.0, you won’t need to master the crouch-jump, as vaulting should take its place.That said, it’s worth toggling the ‘Vault’ command to something other than the regular ‘jump’ (Spacebar) button, because there are certain things you can only scale the old-fashioned way. Learn what heights you can vault and scale for when you’re in a pinch.
1. Climb onto a roof from a balcony using Crouch-jump, by first opening the door, crouch-jumping onto it, and again from the top of the door to the roof. Great for sniping!
2.You can also make more difficult jumps between roofs by crouch-jumping onto railings or raised areas and running along them, too.
3. You can shoot the M16 like a rapid-firing automatic weapon by using its burst fire mode, controlling the recoil and timing your clicks perfectly to do seriously fast DPS.
How to get the most out of your Medkits
4. There are only two ways to heal yourself back to 100 per cent – the very rare Medkit, which instantly heals you to 100 per cent after 10 seconds, and ‘boost’ items like Energy Drinks and Painkillers, which will heal you over time.
5. Both bandages and First Aid Kits get your back to 75 per cent health, but First Aid Kits work instantly after the seven seconds of application, whilst bandages require multiple applications and heal over time, taking up to about a minute. Use bandages early on, when in a safe location, and save First Aid kits for a helping hand during late-game firefights.
6. There is an optimal way to use bandages that lets you get more health out of them than you would from just spamming. Healing from bandages happens over time, with your health bar ticking up from the red to fill up the white. On the third tick of the health going up, start using the next bandage, for the most efficient use of time and resources.
7. If you get to a safe location early, and have some decent long-range weapons, try camping any buildings that are just outside the safe zone (by which we mean camping somewhere safe and looking at the buildings, not camping in them!) Keep a close eye on any doors and windows, and as the blue circle starts to close in, players will be forced out of hiding and into the open for you to pick off.
8. Trees aren’t great cover. A forest is good visual cover if you need to move long-ish distances, but it’s easy to forget that hiding behind a narrow tree still leaves you exposed on three sides – and your vision’s heavily impacted by the trunk in front of you anyway. Use them as a last resort!
9. Speaking of which, when a healing item you’re using is down to 0.5 seconds left on the timer, you can start moving without cancelling it, and you can now use healing items as a passenger in vehicles, but only when the vehicle is steady (so note when your mate’s slamming it into trees and over hills…)
10. When you get to the final three, if you’re undiscovered, stay that way. Don’t engage unless the kill is absolutely guaranteed, because the other two could easily wound and/or kill each other without you needing to risk death yourself. They’ll also give away their positions in the process, which means you of course know where they are for the final face off.
Best of luck getting those Chicken Dinners!