If you miss it, Horizon Zero Dawn came out on PC a few weeks ago and got a very quick patch to update to 1.01 with a lot of known issues calling out. Now, the guerrilla game is moving on to update 1.02, which: I guessed it brings more improvements to the game.
While many of our readers have noted that the game runs smoothly for them, there appear to be customization issues and issues for certain platforms: so the guerrillas are a little right. The developer continues to “track these [bugs]” for the new tool in the latest update, but as is the case, the cause of many crashes has been fixed in 1.02.
Although the fixes for crashes are the main highlight of the correction with ease, the V-sync has also been fixed, as well as the face animation sync. Fighters are also “aware” of several large chains of Reddit compilation errors and are working to address these lists. Computer games are sometimes a tricky animal! Just look at the recent news comment section on this outlet to see what the different experiences could be like.
Patch 1.02 is now available [Reddit]
- Some players encounter a memory error during the game optimization process.
- Some players experience GPU downtime during gameplay. The diagnostic dataset added to Patch 1.01 and Patch 1.02 aims to facilitate tracking.
- Some players encounter issues with graphical settings, such as anisotropic filtering or HDR not working properly.
- Some operators are experiencing performance issues on a particular GPU or hardware combination.
- Some players with non-Latin code page 1 may have made their memorization games disappear after the 1.01 patch, and
- we have a script that can help salvage the lost game.
- Correction Notes
- Some players will crash when the game crashes after the “Game Optimization” screen is activated and some people run out of disk space.
- If a player updates their video drivers after already improving the game, then some players crashing issue is resolved.
- Fixed issue when crashes during gameplay caused by incorrect typing of some players.
- Fixed an issue where some players would collide with bugs due to the design.
- Auto-save (when performing a search step) performance improvement.
- Some players noted that V-Sync would not shut down properly in Infinite Mode, as the issue was resolved
- Fixed an issue where some players encountered synchronizing face animations where some players were turned off at 30fps.
- Decreased memory when shadows flow.
- Improved crash report and message flow. Every incident now includes an identifier that you can use to contact our customer support.
- More features have been added to improve clinical data collection when submitting crash reports.